entries are closed for 2014 — thanks to everyone who took the time to submit an idea!
The 2014 Business Plan Competition
$30,000 in prizes, resources, mentorship and business plan assistance!
BizMIX is back. This year the MIX business plan competition offers more in prizes, expertise, and access. Finalists will make valuable connections with Santa Fe’s innovators and entrepreneurial leaders as they compete for cash and other valuable prizes. Please review the BizMIX timeline below to make sure that if selected you can participate throughout the process:
Businesses entering BizMIX should be in the concept stage. Operational businesses (businesses that have current revenues and /or sales) are not eligible. Non-profit businesses are not eligible, however MIX will soon unveil MIX+Match, an opportunity for non-profit projects.
criteria for selection
- Businesses should benefit Santa Fe’s economy (by creating jobs, enhancing quality of life, filling a gap in the market with product/service, retaining talent, etc.)
- This business might just become a reality. We’re looking for those that are ready, willing and able to get started.
- Talent and tenacity of founder(s).
- April 17 – Close submissions
- May 1 – Announce selected finalists
- May 15 – Orientation before MIX event
- May 29 – Mentor Night #1
- June 12 – Chamber pitch contest
- June 19 – MIX event pitch contest
- July 10 – Mentor night #2
- July 17 – MIX crowdfunding event
- July 31 – Mentor Night #3
- August 14 – Final Presentations
- August 21 – Winners announced
Questions? Want information on being a 2014 sponsor? Feel free to contact us