The 2013 Business Plan Competition
2013 applications are now closed! Thanks to the more than 50 great applicants!
Way over $10,000 in prizes, resources, mentorship and business plan assistance!
BizMIX is back. This year the MIX business plan competition offers more in prizes, expertise, and access. Finalists will make valuable connections with Santa Fe’s innovators and entrepreneurial leaders as they compete for cash and other valuable prizes. Please review the BizMIX timeline below to make sure that if selected you can participate throughout the process:
Businesses entering BizMIX should be in the concept stage. Operational businesses (businesses that have current revenues and /or sales) are not eligible. Non-profit businesses are not eligible, however MIX will soon unveil MIX+Match, an opportunity for non-profit projects.
criteria for selection
- Businesses should benefit Santa Fe’s economy (by creating jobs, enhancing quality of life, filling a gap in the market with product/service, retaining talent, etc.)
- This business might just become a reality. We’re looking for those that are ready, willing and able to get started.
- Talent and tenacity of founder(s).
- May 16, 2013 – BizMIX entries will be accepted until midnight
- May 28, 2013 at 530pm – Selected finalists should plan to attend an orientation and coaching session on giving a great pitch
- June 6, 2013 – Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce Business Awards, finalists will pitch their ideas to attendees. Cash prize awarded to the crowd favorite.
- June 2013 – Workshop/Mentor Night #1
- July 2013 – Workshop/Mentor Night #2
- August 15, 2013 – Finalists will pitch their ideas to attendees at MIX. Cash prize awarded to the crowd favorite.
- August 22, 2013 – Workshop/Mentor Night #3
- September 19, 2013 – Final business plans due by noon(3 pages maximum).
- October 17, 2013 – MIX event – Winners Announced
- November 21, 2013 – MIXStarter event – winners have opportunity to crowd/community fund their start-up business.
Questions? Want information on being a 2013 sponsor? Feel free to contact us