Congrats to our 2016 bizMIX Class! Here is winning group of ideas selected this year:
- Cacao, the Art & Culture of Chocolate is an Experience of chocolate beyond the wrapper. Offering hands- on Chocolate Culinary workshops and history, farming and manufacturing chocolate from the bean through finished indulgence we are a vertically integrated chocolate company.
- SuccessStyle is women helping women, offering “Closet Editing” services, collaborating with women to streamline their wardrobes. Women entering or re-entering the workforce have access to through workshops, mentoring and coaching, and a special “Starter Kit” of work-ready clothing. SuccessStyle: Edit, Educate and Empower.
- Perk is a company focusing on producing an accessible high precision coffee brewing machine for the Third Wave coffee market.
- Health Harmonixx is an innovative healthcare app that allows people to search by symptom and receive a compilation of effective alternative solutions ranging from acupressure points and herbs to biohacking techniques and lifestyle changes. Additionally, the app will connect people interested in a subspecialty with local practitioners and products.
- Stalworth Shoes and Boots is a shoemaking workshop and showroom providing sustainably made, handcrafted custom and ready-to-wear footwear for men and women as well as classes in footwear design and construction.
- Flour & Water is a bakery bringing high-quality, affordable and organic San Francisco sourdough and Jewish comfort food (bagels, bialys and babka, oh my) to Santa Fe.
- Wildist is building a platform that solves the problem of locating, filtering, researching discovering a wide variety outdoor activities. The platform aims to do for outdoor recreation what Zillow.com has done for real estate.
- Nature camp goods + apparel combine decades of experience in business operations and fundraising with a passion for art and design in their new brand of sustainable leather and vegan goods. Beginning with a signature footwear design, Nature Camp will utilize modern distribution models and social media to manufacture and market a simple, stylish, and sustainable lifestyle brand.
- Turtle Rock Foods, LLC is a local food waste processing business, that is, a business that takes leftovers from farmers’ markets, seconds, trimmings and scraps from processing for harvest and turns these products into nutritious RTE and RTD foods.
- Kiksuyapi Collections is integrating traditional talent and contemporary innovation. Kiksuyapi Collections produces Native American, laser-etched designs. “Kiksuyapi,” meaning “remember,” promotes the visibility of Native-based contributions to the City of Santa Fe, and provides a portion of profits to the assistance of Native American entrepreneurs and scholars.
- Bolt gives access to zero-emission rides whenever you need them. Use the smartphone app to find a ride in seconds. Pay-as-you-ride or pay a monthly membership fee.
- Matron Records is an independent record label dedicated to supporting experimental artists in Santa Fe, NM. It is a dynamic and community-focused venture that addresses both local and industry needs with ingenuity and resourcefulness. By way of the City Different, Matron Records is truly a different kind of label.
Schedule for bizMIX 2016:
May 19 – bizMIX Orientation – MAKE Santa Fe May 26 – Mentor night #1 | Pitching – 5:30-7:30p, Body Santa Fe
June 2 – Chamber Pitch Contest, 5:30-7:30p, Skylight June 23 – Mentor Night #2 | Financials – 5:30-7:30p, TBD
July 21 – MIX pitch contest – 6:00-8:00p, Yares Art Projects
July 28 – Mentor night #3 | Marketing & One-on-ones – 5:30-7:30p, Santa Fe Art Institute
August 4 – Written Business Plan Due
August 8 – Submit Final Pitch Presentations
August 11 – Final Presentations, 5:30-8:30p – Thornburg Investment Management
August 18 – bizMIX Winners Announced! 5:30p – New Mexico Hard Cider
The bizMIX 2015 program awarded over $50,000 in cash and prizes to pre-revenue startups! Read below to see how everything panned out.